Windows XP Dial-up
How to setup your QX.net Dial-up account on Microsoft Windows XP
You can view a helpful instructional image by clicking on a numbered item below.
- Click on Start and choose Control Panel.
- Double-click Network Connections. (if your screen looks different, click Switch to Classic View in the upper left pane).
- Click Create a new connection in the upper left pane.
- To begin the New Connection Wizard click Next.
- Choose Connect to the Internet and click Next.
- Choose Set up my connection manually and click Next.
- Select Connect using a dial-up modem and click Next.
- Enter a descriptive name for your new connection and click Next.
- Enter the local dialing number for your area and click Next. You do not need to include the area code.
- If asked to choose Connection Availability, select from "Anyone who uses the computer" or "for your own personal use". Usually you should select "anyone's Use". Once selected, click Next.
- Enter your User name and password and click Next.
- Click the box for Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop and click Finish.
Congratulations, you are now ready to use your new Internet Connection. Double-click the new shortcut on your desktop and click Dial to get connected and begin using the Internet.